No To The Bike Parking Tax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service for Pulse Dialling Phones.

2 posters

Go down

Service for Pulse Dialling Phones. Empty Service for Pulse Dialling Phones.

Post  Legolas Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:57 am

Hi All.

It's been a while, but as you might expect, I've been continuing to chip away on social exclusion, and have just had a letter from Council Leader Philippa Roe which says:

"There is a telephone line available for those who only have access to a pulse dialling telephone. The number is 0203 362 7000, and lines are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week for motorcyclists to purchase their permits, but I must stress that the line is an alternative only to those who are not able to engage the systems available using more up to date telephone devices."

I'm sure quite a few people opposed to the scheme have pulse dialling phones, myself included. At least now they can pay to park easily, though her insistence that the number is only to be used by those that can't pay any other way rather suggests that it is expensive and inconvenient for them to take payments from that number.

Also, since a telephone service is only as good as the means by which the public may obtain the relevant phone number, I've asked the council to provide me with a full list of where this number is advertised, published or otherwise made available to the public. I rather suspect the answer will come back "nowhere" with a further plea to "please don't tell anyone about this number as it's only a box ticking exercise and the scheme might collapse if lots of people start using it."

But I'm getting ahead of myself - as ever, I await their response.

Legolas

Back to top Go down

Service for Pulse Dialling Phones. Empty Re: Service for Pulse Dialling Phones.

Post  Ballistic Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 am

cheers

Ballistic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum