No To The Bike Parking Tax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what will we be doing this year

+3
Piquet
shaman
Grumpy
7 posters

Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty So what will we be doing this year

Post  Grumpy Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi chaps happy New Year to you all.

Only about two weeks to T/S Wednesday so time to get planning.
I don’t do facebook so I am out of that loop.

I think if the campaign is to continue we need to think about new strategies.
Riding round a roundabout is good for keeping us viable but we keep getting back to were we start from, so what do you think about taking thins into different arias.

I guess most of you will have seen "Parking Mad" BBC1 10:30 Monday
I for one have problems with certain individuals in the NoTo Mob but credit were credit is dew they did show bikers as doing something positive for motorists in general this can only help all campaigns when it comes to public opinion.

So any ideas chaps; and remember some ideas are better kept for face to face meetings.

Grumpy

Back to top Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty Re: So what will we be doing this year

Post  shaman Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 pm

My idea would be to ride round Westminster looking for parking bays with security devices. We could then map where these devices are.

Obviously, this will require us to ride around slowly so we can spot them. I guess there's too many bays for one trip, so we'd have to do it in stages. Clearly, this isn't a protest. It's more of a field trip.

Be good to get an idea how much effort the council has put in (or not).

shaman
Admin

Back to top Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty Re: So what will we be doing this year

Post  Piquet Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm

shaman wrote:My idea would be to ride round Westminster looking for parking bays with security devices. We could then map where these devices are.

Obviously, this will require us to ride around slowly so we can spot them. I guess there's too many bays for one trip, so we'd have to do it in stages. Clearly, this isn't a protest. It's more of a field trip.

Be good to get an idea how much effort the council has put in (or not).

Sounds like a plan.

Taking bets on the effort expended by Wastemonster?
Piquet
Piquet

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpy Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 am

Sounds like a public service to me.
I will be happy to come along and make sure you don’t miss any

Grumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lockstcok Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 am

Grumpy wrote:Sounds like a public service to me.
I will be happy to come along and make sure you don’t miss any

Just to make doubly sure, I’d like to come along as well.
After all, it would be nice to see where westmonster are spending their ill-gotten gains.
If we’re to map the location and numbers of these security devices, it could take some time.

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Post  shaman Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Can't see many turning out without being told. This is just a suggestion from me. It would appear that we aren't meeting at all as no info has been supplied.

I often get the impression that the campaign is a bit tired.

shaman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thundergar Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 pm

The reality of the current situation is that The lunacy of charging motorcycles and scooters to park will continue until hell freezes over... or it becomes uneconomical.

Westminster are doing nothing illegal. They proved this in the high court to Warren's cost, and although constant vigilance is required to keep an eye on them, they will I suspect, wait just a little longer… then shove the price up to £3
They have no other option! This dumb scheme can barely 'clean its face' as a revenue raiser.
There will be a few muttered curses amongst the community and then the sheeple will fall back into line to pay up as usual.

Here I believe, is the only lever left to apply any force to these fiscal cretins.
At one point a few years ago there was so much vandalism I'm convinced they were close to pulling the plug. I know of one person (who shall remain nameless) who caused nearly £34,000 worth of damage. There was two or three others doing the same and much worse.

We will probably never know how high this 'middle finger' got up the nose of Westminster's finance department but the reality of 'civil disobedience' is that it hurts them in three ways.

1) They have to pay contractors to replace and repair signs

2) More penalties will be contested increasing their defence costs.

3) New users who have probably never even heard of NTBPT will realise this is a contested issue causing more chaos through disinformation.

Maybe someone out there has a brainwave, but I don't see any socially beneficial strategy this group can adopt that will connect with hard pressed road users like the NOTO mob have with their scamera car chases.
Even in the midst of a recession no one gives a flying F**CK about bikers or how stupid Westminster's parking scheme is.

While I would never condone anything that involves criminal damage, it is surely obvious that if every biker out there took down a sign, their dumb plan would have collapsed years ago…
no sign, no scheme!

In the words of the famous Mr Jones... 'Its been emotional' hope to see you all up the road sometime

thundergar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lockstcok Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am

yea well, I'm gonna take time out and have a ride, might be round the square, might not !
But it'll be round there somewhere............
Its too nice a day not to !

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

Post  Piquet Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 am

Me too, see you around & around, perhaps!
Piquet
Piquet

Back to top Go down

Post  R-dubya Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 am

Well, I did ride up to TS last night, what with it being the last Wednesday of the month

I, er... did my best Rolling Eyes

R-dubya

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpy Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 am

I got all messed up with the dates, I was thinking the Wednesday before was the last one and completely forgot the last day of the month was a Wednesday.

Grumpy

Back to top Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty How about a

Post  Hawk900 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:20 am

Trip to Watford for a ride around & show these wankers that we like their traffic jams!

http://ukfrancebikers.com/
Hawk900
Hawk900

Back to top Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty Sunday 10th Feb Ride out with M.A.G.

Post  Hawk900 Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 am

M.A.G will be holding a Fred Hill Memorial ride on Sunday 10th February.

Various meets around the UK

Check them out here > http://www.mag-uk.org/en/eventslist

London MAG
Leaving the Ace Cafe at 12 noon to ride to Pentonville Prison, Caledonian Road, London, N7 8TT.
Location: Meeting at: Ace Cafe, Ace Corner, North Circular Rd, London, NW10 7UD.

Web: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorcycle-Action-Group-in-Chelmsford-MAGiC/109556882444483?ref=ts&fref=ts
Email: herts-essex-region-rep@mag-uk.org
Hawk900
Hawk900

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpy Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Unfortunately Sunday is a no go for me this weekend

Grumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lockstcok Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Just seen this, but as it happens couldn't have had it.
'Good Call' Hawk.... thanks for the heads ups on this anyway.
I'm sure some folks will have found this useful and turned up
Hope you enjoyed your ride out.

Lockstcok

Back to top Go down

So what will we be doing this year  Empty Lockstok

Post  Hawk900 Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 am

Lockstcok wrote:Just seen this, but as it happens couldn't have had it.
'Good Call' Hawk.... thanks for the heads ups on this anyway.
I'm sure some folks will have found this useful and turned up
Hope you enjoyed your ride out.

Couldn't get there either was in my shop Sad

But plenty of notice for this one
M.A.G. 40th Birthday bash

Blackpool 28-30 June 2013

Bikers piss up
Hawk900
Hawk900

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down